Isn't it unfortunate how the wonderful world of art can sometimes take a backseat to other, more pressing matters. That is botht the nice and the unfortunate thing about art. It can wait. There is usually no pressure to draw that picture or play this song; it is something that fills up your in between time whenever you have a free moment. But then, sometimes you really want to enjoy it, talk about it, write about it but you just cannot find the time.
For example, last week I visited the Two-Rivers Gallery with my class and I had a very interesting time. There were two great shows going on and I was inspired to write about what I saw and felt. Yet life seemed determined to get in the way. I worked, and I had large assignments due for every other class. Every time I had the urge to post I had other more pressing matters. And that makes me feel that it is easy to undervalue art. Because you know that it is always going to be there, waiting for you, never judging the amount of time that you spent away, it is easy to take art for granted. But I don't want to take art for granted. I want to share my thoughts, my ideas and my opinions about the different artistic things that have struck my fancy. So prepare to be blown away as I unleash the posts that have building up in me but have only n ow had the opportunity to be released. Excelsior!
No comments:
Post a Comment