I had an enjoyable time this morning participating in an event that my board game club arranged entitled Paintstravaganza. You see, my club acquired a board game entitled 'Super Dungeon Explore', a fun if slightly eccentric experience. Unlike your average game, the pieces in this game don't come assembled or painted. For that is part of the fun for the owners of the game.
So that is how I spent my Saturday morning. Sitting with a small group of like-minded individuals in a haven for the nerdy while we learned different painting techniques from an experienced painter of miniatures. It was a fun, precise and relaxing way to pass the time. And it has a practical usage beyond painting pieces just for this game. If one was to really get into it, one could paint miniatures for many different activities. Of course, its really easy to get sucked into this if you're not careful. It can become an expensive, time consuming passion that can fill shelves and shelves.
I am not an experienced painter, but I do truly enjoy it. It is always nice to find artistic activities that align with other interests, in this case my penchant for nerdy games. This also gives me hope for finding art connections with my future students. Maybe they'll be interested in the painting of miniatures that appeals to me, or maybe together we'll find some other form of art that they'll enjoy just as much.


No comments:
Post a Comment