Sunday, September 29, 2013

Artfully delighted

I am so stoked about the presentations that our class gave about the different fine arts. While I was in the drama group, the other groups showed such passion and appreciation for the art they chose. I have not been able to get "Cups" out of my head since the music group played it, and I have been given permission from my cooperating teacher to use PE time to teach the students step dancing.

When it comes to visual arts, I am having a bit of a problem. I want to do a mosaic project with the class, similar to the one I mentioned that I did in grade seven. But one thing I have never thought of up till now was where the heck my teacher got his hands on the glass. Where does one call to acquire coloured glass of the right thickness for little to no funding? Thus far I have been able to track down green, blue and metallic from a distribution centre for windows, but the glass is a quarter inch thick and I think that would be too thick. Who knew finding art supplies could be so difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment